Re: New Feature Article - Progress in the LDraw Community...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 05:07:53 GMT

Hey Kyle,

I guess the "petition" thing was a bit misleading, but it's no big deal
really. It's just a holdover from the previous incarnation of the LDMC site,
which James Reynolds and I are trying to get updated as time allows.

What was really meant by Tim's article was that you can sign up on our
mailing list at LDMC to join forces with other folks interested in getting
Mac users a LEGOCAD program.  We have two lists circulating, one for general
interest, and one for the Development Team. If you have any Mac programming
skills, or can help the development effort in any way, please e-mail me
about joining the Development Team list. (This goes for anyone else reading
this post too!)

BTW, there is great hope in Erik Olson's BrickDraw3D, which he is hoping to
have editing features of some sort included in by BrickFest 2001.

Hope that clears things up.

Matt

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Matthew Gerber writes:
Tim,

Your article is well written and will hopefully quell some of the negative
noise being made out there.

Thank you for including LDMC, also. James and I are doing what we can to
make LDMC a force to be reckoned with. Your help has been immeasurable.

I read the article and caught the mention of some kind of petition.
I went to the LDMC site and couldn't find one.  What's it about?
The reason I ask is I thought it funny that there was a petition
about something produced with volunteer effort.  Maybe I'm just
missing something here?...

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada