    Re: Official model repository situation —Todd Lehman
   [disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.] (...) Ahh, but it's nothing at all like the original work. You're not even translating the copyrighted building instruction booklet. You use the building instruction booklet to build the model, then you disassemble (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: Official model repository situation —Jacob Sparre Andersen
   Todd: (...) I think this is where our way of looking at things diverge. Assuming that somebody wrote this MPD-to-PostScript translater I asked for a few weeks ago we could get quite a bit closer to an automated transformation of a LDraw file into (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: Official model repository situation —Todd Lehman
   [disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.] (...) Well, I think it's tempting to look at it as a transformation when it's actually reverse-engineering. (...) If an artist hand-painted extremely detailed step-by-step instructions on how to build the model -- (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: Official model repository situation —Ryan Farrington
   (...) to (...) That's an interesting point. Here's a variation on that: If someone with a good memory watched someone else build a Lego set, he could go home and build it himself. And if he had friends with good memories, he could then show them how (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)