 CAD / Development / Organizations / LDraw / *1206 (-20)
  Re: LDraw.org Meeting in New York City, Sun Feb 11

(...) ^^^^ Um, wow I was tired :^) That should be 'cafe' not 'face.' -Tim (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny)

  LDraw.org Meeting in New York City, Sun Feb 11

In case you are interested, there is a semi-formal LDraw.org meeting this Sunday in New York City. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss the formation of the LDraw.org organization, collaborative software efforts among contributors, future (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.pa) !

  LCAD for Risc-OS (was LCAD/LDraw.org Formal Organization)

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Alex Farlie writes: [snip - lots of stuff] (...) Ldglite is distributed as C source code and requires either OpenGL or Mesa. There is information on Mesa for Risc-OS here: (URL) should be similar to the "ldglite for (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LCAD/LDraw.org Formal Organization

(...) OK but you would need at least a chairman or tresuarer... Also .. "Politics is often about the 'details' " ;-) Quote from a UK MP but cant remember which one.. (...) OK Point taken- Looking at your list it seems you have more of a software (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LCAD/LDraw.org Formal Organization

(...) Echoing and amplifying a bit on Tim's response: Forming an official ldraw.org, and adopting a licensing policy, and establishing a fully automatic Parts Tracker will all directly lead to more parts being authored. Heck, I'd be doing more parts (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Sounds good, however... (from an LDRAW neophyte)

(...) I think that an installer program would be better, I for one dont like windows scripting host/vbscript, mostly because it has more security holes than a piece of swiss cheese :) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Sounds good, however... (from an LDRAW neophyte)

(...) Serve or sever? I think that was a typo up there :) I honestly don't think a formal org will do either. It will be a way to bring together LCAD people in a more organized/official capacity, and the people involved in the government of the org (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Sounds good, however... (from an LDRAW neophyte)

I think the idea of a formal organization is really good, provided that it does server it's constituants. I think this is a good start and I encourage you to continue. I agree on the problem of installing/getting all of the necessary tools running. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LCAD/LDraw.org Formal Organization

(...) We haven't gotten that specific, yet. We're thinking along the lines of a 'town council' approach, where the elected officers are equal peers (as opposed to having offices of president, vice president, etc). As I mentioned before, we're (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LCAD/LDraw.org Formal Organization

(...) Plus the fact an informal group would have difficulty enforcing such a licence agrement... Even the FSF (ie GNU's managment group) is an 'organisation'. (...) Yes. Agree (...) What model where you thinking of using? (...) Not Todd ? (...) (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Let's Do It

(...) Much appreciated -- it pays bills better than majoring in history would have. (...) I'm ready -- just tell me where to go to get started and a list of specific essays, opening paragraphs, descriptions you want. Since I am not an HTML expert I (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

"Burkhard Schloemer" <BuS1503@muenster.de> wrote in message news:G8B1DI.DBo@lugnet.com... (...) possible. Hi Burkhard - There will always be parts authors and official additions as long as there is a desire to create new parts. We're just laying (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LCAD/LDraw.org Formal Organization

Do whatever you want, but please return to creating new parts. Except for a couple of decorated elements there wasn't much new worth mentioning in the past weeks. Thanks to all who spend time for creating DAT-parts, making my "work" possible. Primus (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Excellent Discussion, Well Met

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G8ALC8.CMF@lugnet.com... (...) Well put Lar. Pat - since you are experienced in technical writing, how would you like to help the site in the area of Reference and Get Started? We (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Excellent Discussion, Well Met

(...) I have no official standing to delegate anything but if someone doesn't jump up and latch on to you I will be very surprised, as there are a number of areas within the site and elsewhere, where either word smithing, or worse, out and out (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Excellent Discussion, Well Met

When I wrote the original reply to the proposal last Friday, I knew what I was letting myself in for and braced very hard this morning for the onslaught of Pandora's Box. However, after reading every followup in the thread, I must say that I am (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw MOTM winner for February 2001

(...) I just stuck them in as something motor-like. I didn't come up with any way to actually rig them. (...) Thanks! My .dat file looks pretty crummy, however. The models are worked out just enough for the scene, and they are pretty sketchy on the (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Sounds good, however... (from an LDRAW neophyte)

On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 02:26:05AM +0000, Pat Hough wrote: First, I'd like to thank those who will be forming this group. The licenses are of course my biggest personal issue. So, thanks and good luck :) [snip] (...) Well, I am packaging leocad for (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Sounds good, however... (from an LDRAW neophyte)

Tim and Steve answered a lot, I will try to fill in a few additional items and additional perspective. (...) While this is a laudable goal, it is not the first goal of the group. The first goal of the group is to solve some specific problems around (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Sounds good, however... (from an LDRAW neophyte)

Hi Pat - I will attempt to expound upon our ideas and answer your questions below. (revisit.... Steve beat me! Well, I'll take out what I feel Steve addressed well enough and add comments where I want to be a blabbermouth) ;-) "Pat Hough" (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact