 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 97
Re: LdGLite for MacOS 8.6 - 9.2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 20:26:17 GMT

At last I have access to Lugnet. To access my public folder under MacOS 9,
do the following.

1. Log onto your own iTools account from www.apple.com
2. Select iDisk from the buttons ontop of the screen
3. When the iDisk page shows up there will be 3 options
   - A) Mount your own iDisk
   - B) Mount the Public Folder of another members iDisk
   - C) I can't remember
4. Type 'aallan' into the input text box for otion 'B'
5. My Public Folder should be now visible on your desk top

Thanks,

Andrew...

NB please give me your comments on the programme, but keep them civil and
constructive.

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, James Reynolds writes:
For those who don't know, to access the iDisk, you connect via webdav.

So, in Mac OS X, all you need to do is in the Finder, select "Connect to
server" (command-k).  Type in this URL:
http://idisk.mac.com/aallan/Public/

In Mac OS 9, I really don't know.

In Windows, etc., you will need a webdav client, or I have copied the files
here:

http://homepage.mac.com/ldmc/ldglite/macos8-9/ldglite.sit
http://homepage.mac.com/ldmc/ldglite/macos8-9/ldglite_source.sit
http://homepage.mac.com/ldmc/ldglite/macos8-9/notes.html

If the above links don't work, try this (I changed the case of the files,
but maybe homepage.mac.com cached the following--and it is case sensitive):

http://homepage.mac.com/ldmc/ldglite/MacOS8-9/LdGLite.sit
http://homepage.mac.com/ldmc/ldglite/MacOS8-9/LdGLite_source.sit
http://homepage.mac.com/ldmc/ldglite/MacOS8-9/Notes.html

I tried ldglite out and it looks good.