 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 95
94  |  96
Subject:
LdGLite for MacOS 8.6 - 9.2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:24:51 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Posted for Andrew:

Further to this subject, I have spent the last couple of months updating and
rewriting LdGLite for the Macintosh. So it will run under MacOS 8.6 - 9.2
(development was done using MacOS 9.1, CodeWarrior 6.1 on my G4 - so it does
run on this platform)

At present the program is largely a port of LdGLite version 0.95 (enough to
get it functional for viewing, editing, saving and generating bitmaps) -
actually it seem to offer all of the features described in the PC versions
instructions. Additionally I have PC version and they appear very similar.

I have then spent a short amount of time putting more Macintosh elements
into the program (eg the ability to open and save files, accept apple events
etc)

My version allows graphical editing of LDRAW models on any Mac with OpenGL
and an ATI based graphics system running MacOS 8.6 - 9.2 (that's how I tried
to write it anyway).

ATI graphics are necessary as MacGLUT (the OpenGL interface) is written
specifically for ATI graphics cards. (Note almost all Mac's produced in the
last 4 years or so have ATI graphical systems)

I have now placed the executable and the source code files on my iDisk
public folder. To down load these files, access your and log onto you're
your iTools account, go to the iDisk page and enter the address "aallan" in
the area where it allows you to enter a name for browsing other peoples
public folders. There you will find the files in Stuffit archives.

For feedback I can be contacted at aallan@ozemail.com.au

Regards,

Andrew Allan