 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 936
Re: L3Lab for Mac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 02:44:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Lars C. Hassing wrote:
I have been involved in a Carbon project at work,
and when I recently got myself a very nice 24" iMac
I couldn't resist making an L3Lab for the Mac.

So here is the first shot:
http://www.hassings.dk/test/L3LabMac.zip

Neat.  Explode is fun.

Thanks!

Some minor nits to pick:

* Your toolbar checked/unchecked states are messed up (for mutually exclusive
  color mode buttons and the various other toggle buttons).

Yes, I just realized I have misunderstood the Selected state in HIToolbar
- only one item can be selected at any time,
so I cannot use it for showing the state of the many toggles in the toolbar.
Guess I'll have to change the image of a "selected" item
to e.g. a darker version of the image.

* Explode in English doesn't have an accent over the final e.

I know, but it isn't English! Neither is Exposé!
(thought I came up with a cool Mac name for a cool feature... ;-)

* On a Mac, you should really use Command+Drag instead of Control+Drag.

Point taken. I also need to make a status bar for the
"Try pressing Command or Shift during dragging" message.

* How do you zoom?

It will come in the second shot ;-)
I am wondering if I should make a slider or use the scrollwheel
or something else. How you zoom in LDView?

Thanks,
/Lars