 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 896
Re: Bricksmith patches
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:30:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Jim DeVona wrote:
   I’m not sure if anyone else has built Bricksmith from the source code, but if so you may be interested in this. I’ve written two small patches that provide some minor features I find useful.

Dimensions in LDraw Units:

Screenshot: Dimensions panel with LDU

<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1810511&group_id=145754&atid=762992
If you download the diff files to the root directory of the Bricksmith project (the folder containing the Xcode project file), you should be able to apply the patches with:
patch <DimensionsPanel.m.diff
Then just rebuild the project and give it a try. Obviously, these patches are unofficial - don’t expect them to be supported or to stick around, and certainly don’t complain to Allen if you can’t get them to work! This mischief I have wrought myself.

Jim

I have given Jim access to submit this change directly into Bricksmith’s source code. Thanks, Jim, for wanting to improve my software. If a good, well-integrated, well-presented (and already coded) idea comes along, there’s no reason for it die mercilessly just because I didn’t come up with it.

Allen