 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 895
894  |  896
Subject:
Bricksmith patches
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2007 04:19:59 GMT

I’m not sure if anyone else has built Bricksmith from the source code, but if so you may be interested in this. I’ve written two small patches that provide some minor features I find useful.

Dimensions in LDraw Units:

Screenshot: Dimensions panel with LDU

Color codes in names:

This appends the actual LDraw color code to color names wherever they appear (including the color panel and exported part lists).

Screenshot: Color panel with color codes in names

If you download the diff files to the root directory of the Bricksmith project (the folder containing the Xcode project file), you should be able to apply the patches with:
patch <ColorPanel.m.diff
patch <DimensionsPanel.m.diff
Then just rebuild the project and give it a try. Obviously, these patches are unofficial - don’t expect them to be supported or to stick around, and certainly don’t complain to Allen if you can’t get them to work! This mischief I have wrought myself.

Incidentally, if Bricksmith’s part search has ever frustrated you because of the many part names padded with extra spaces, you might like what’s in CVS: it matches any amount of whitespace, so you can search for “brick 2x4” and find the part named “Brick 2 x 4”. It’s good.

Jim