 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 874
873  |  875
Subject:
l2rib and LDraw.org Mac Downloads Review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2007 02:17:32 GMT

A few notes based on a browse through the LDraw Downloads page:

l2rib, a utility that converts LDraw files to RenderMan format, builds and runs on Mac OS X (make -f Makefile.unix). I do not have a RenderMan compliant renderer (there are a few), though, so I can’t really test the generated .rib files.

Other points:

Macintosh versions of txt2dat and LSynth (here or here) are now available. A Mac beta of LDView 3.2 is also available. Should “Mac” icons be added to their listings to reflect this?

Also, some of the downloads from James Reynolds page don’t seem to be up at the moment (L3P Launcher, LCX, and LDView 1). Do you need a new place to host them?

Last but not least, should some of Philo’s new tools such as Isecalc or Linetrim be added to the utilities page? I have submitted my esoteric LDLink script as well.

Until next time,

Jim