 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 687
Re: Can anyone get LDGLite for OS X?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:09:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Don Heyse wrote:

   I could email you a copy, but first I’d like to see what’s wrong with the download and fix that. I just grabbed it from the sourceforge link and it seems to unpack ok here (on a Windows box :^)

The .gz file is supposed to be 613774 bytes. How big is it when you download it, and what browser are you using?

Hmm, now that you mention it, it looks like I got 147456 bytes the first try, and 94208 bytes the second — I should have thought to look whether it’s the same size. In both cases Firefox thought the download was complete.

It was an extremely S..L..O..W download, however. I’ve never seen Sourceforge be so pokey. Apparenty it’s unreliable in addition to slow today. ;) I’m confident that it’s not on my end, as I’ve downloaded several other things today with no trouble at all.

Hmm, but I just tried again, and this time it flew right on down to my machine, and is 613774 bytes. So maybe it was just some network or server congestion.

Thanks,
– Joe