 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 674
Re: Requirements for Mac LDD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 01:08:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi wrote:
So, I am too lazy to figure it out... what is the oldest Mac that meets
the hardware requirements?

Minimum System Requirements Mac

  Operating system: OS X 10.3.9 or 10.4.2
  CPU: G4 or faster processor
  Graphics card: NVidia GeForce 5200/ATI Radeon 7500 or better
  RAM: 256 MB
  Hard Disk Space: 100 MB

I am guessing that the GPU is the deciding factor on age.

Chris

Yeah, I think the GPU would be the factor.

For a tower, this one has a Radeon 9000 in it...
http://everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac_g4/stats/powermac_g4_1.25_mdd.html

This iMac G4 has a GeForce 5200 in it..
http://everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac_g4/stats/powermac_g4_1.25_mdd.html

This eMac has the Radeon 7500..
http://everymac.com/systems/apple/emac/stats/emac_1.0.html

All of the iBook G4's appear to have at least a Radeon 9200 in them.

The timeframe for these appears to have been late 2003 or first half of 2004.

Ray