 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 426
425  |  427
Subject:
More time to kill more MBC reports to be filed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2003 03:41:29 GMT

Well, VPC hosed my Pismo (Disk First Aid reports a "missing thread something or
other"), so while I am backing up more files before I wipe the drive tomorrow I
decided to test MBC (and LDV) on my PB 1400c.

The following observations were made on a PB 1400c, running OS 9.0.4, on a
NewerTeck G3 216 processor with 72 MB RAM (VM enabled, 64 real RAM). For those
who might not know the video specs, no hardware video acceleration, 1 MB VRAM
(actually, I cannot remember the amount), 800x600 resolution, at thousands (16
bit) colors.

LDV 0.4 Carbon
Open file “black_tanker-copy.dat”
  A window containing my black tanker opens.
Select “File” “New”
  An “untitled” window that contains one gray 2x4 brick opens.
Select the gray brick
Select “Edit” “Insert Piece”
Change color of brick
Select “File” “Save”
  No dialogue box appears, and the contents of the “black_tanker-copy.dat” are
replaced with a gray and a blue brick

LDV 0.4 Classic
Open file “black_tanker-copy.dat”
  A window containing my black tanker opens.
Select “File” “New”
  An “untitled” window that contains one gray 2x4 brick opens.
Select the gray brick
Select “Edit” “Insert Piece”
Change color of brick
Select “File” “Save”
A dialogue box opens and allows me to name the “untitled” window.

LDV 0.5 Carbon
Open file “black_tanker-copy.dat”
  A window containing my black tanker opens.
Select “File” “New”
  A hard freeze occurs. Force quit not possible. Three fingered salute.

LDV 0.5 Classic
Double click LDV 0.5 Classic
The application “LDraw Viewer (Classic)” could not be opened because
“InterfaceLib--FSResolveAliasFileWithMount Flags” could not be found.

LDV 0.6 Carbon
Open file “black_tanker-copy.dat”
  A window containing my black tanker opens.
Rotate the model.
  Three characters appear next to the axes, a |with an arrow pointed at it, a õ,
and a reactangle. When I load an rotate my caboose, a reset symbol followed by a
quotation mark, followed by a second reset symbol appears near the axes (reset
symbol is a circle with an arrow in it.
Select “File” “New”
  An “untitled” window that contains one gray 2x4 brick opens.
Select the gray brick
Select “Edit” “Insert Piece”
Change color of brick
Rotate brick (no funky characters)
Option rotate brick
  Angle read out messed up, but rotation works. However, a drag all the way
across the screen only rotates the brick by, at most, 35°.
Select “File” “Save”
  No dialogue box appears, and the contents of “black_tanker-copy.dat” are
replaced with a gray and a blue brick.

LDV 0.6 Classic
Same as LDV 0.5 Classic

Good night,