 CAD / Development / 9720
Re: LDBoxer - Next Step and My Datsville Plans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:49:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson wrote:

[Lot of snippage]

While "boxing" all Datsville's buildings - this is a very time-consuming job,
even with the automatic and semiautomatic tools! - I want your input on the idea
of the planned two new simplification levels.

Let's say we call it A when top studs are removed and B when bottom studs/tubes
are removed (think: Above and Below)
Should we have the structure:

Parts\B
Parts\B\A
Parts\B\B

or

Parts\B
Parts\BA
Parts\BB
or anything better?

I think the first alternative is a little better. Or does anyone have a yet
better idea?

I really appreciate your input.

hi tore,

with the release of MLCad 3.10 there are now at least two progs who support
custom folders. instead of messing up my PARTS\ and P\ folder I wish I could
define something like BOXER\B\ ...

That's not a bad idea, but the advantage of messing up the PARTS\ folder is that
no extra adjustment or setup will be required.

did this discussion http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=9485 lead to a happing
ending? what did the cod-gods agree on?

w.