 CAD / Development / 9675
  Lsynth thoughts.

(...) Please do. I got to tinkering over the weekend and added some code to generate the fixed length 50 segment 751.DAT style rubber hoses. (URL) also tinkered with simulating 208c01.DAT fixed length chain links as a hose. I think it might work (...) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Lsynth thoughts.

(...) Yes, then lsynthcp can focus on the synthesis algorithms like spline, and belts. I'd love to have an algorithm for non-planar rubber bands. (...) Don, the splining algorithm gives us *no* control over the distance between the resulting spline (...) (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Lsynth thoughts.  [DAT]

(...) I've only looked at the hoses so far. So I don't even know what the current algorithm for rubber bands looks like, much less how to improve it. (...) True, for my first cut at the fixed length length rubber hoses I calculated the total spline (...) (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Lsynth thoughts.  [DAT]

(...) I envision something more like this. 0 ~LSYNTH constraint part 0 Name: lz00.dat 0 Author: John VanZwieten, Steve Bliss, Kevin Clague, Paul Easter, Don Heyse 0 Unofficial LCad Part 0 CATEGORY Hose 0 1999-05-02 KevinB Added nipple (taken from (...) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Lsynth thoughts.

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> wrote in message news:Hx5nw4.JoA@lugnet.com... (...) Looks good. Jennifer (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Lsynth thoughts.

(...) Oh yeah, before I forget. I hardcoded the transparent white just to illustrate the axis and the bullseye inside the part. I really think it should be coded in color 16. Then when used, it should be inserted with any transparent color. That way (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Lsynth thoughts.

(...) Yes, the hose color is specified in the LSYTH BEGIN line. I like the new constraint. I'm in favor of it replacing the original LS00.DAT. (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)