 CAD / Development / 9462 (-10)
  * LDraw Design Pad (LDDP) 1.53 released *

LDDesignPad (LDDP) is a tool for editing and handling LDraw files in a very comfortable way. Features are: -Fully customizable editor with syntax highlighting -Open multiple files at the same time -Unlimited Undo/Redo -Use/define codesnippets (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  Interesting BFC finding

Well, I've finished an initially working implementation of BFC in my next-gen LDView code tree, and discovered that on my particular video card, BFC actually slows the rendering down. A test model renders at about 50 FPS with BFC handling disabled, (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) And now the archive is public (Thanks, Dan!). See the mailing-group list at the bottom of the page at (URL) (Thanks Orion for making the list!) Steve (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement

(...) I could go for that. Simpler is better! Of course that means the METALLIC (or PEARLY) tag needs an argument to define the color of the embedded bits. If you want it to be the same color as the substrate, just use the same color code. Don (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement

(...) I've been keeping clear on the dither issue so far, because I didn't have a strong opinion one way or another. However, the more I think about it, the more I think we're not seeing the forest through the trees. Because of this, I vote we (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement

(...) I would prefer that spaces not be allowed in the color name as well. However, the spec does say that all the keywords are case sensitive (must be all caps), and I believe the original suggestion was that keywords by themselves with spaces (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement

(...) I realize many current ldraw rendering programs use a stipple pattern to render transparent surfaces. I do it in ldglite because I'm too lazy to do the sorting required to use alpha blending. However, I don't really want the specs to dictate (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement

(...) [snippety] (...) [doo-dah] (...) I was thinking no space. So far, we've avoided wrapping literals in quotes in LDraw (with only occasional trouble). I'd like to keep avoiding quotes. [snippety-ay] (...) Good question. We hadn't thought about (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement

(...) But what if Lego prints an opaque dithered pattern on a transparent brick? I think the ALPHA is more versatile if only applied to the VALUE color. You can still get an alpha dither color by using a color code for d which points to a color with (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement

(...) I don't think so. What if CODE is part of the color name? I can't think of a quick example for that, but other key words are easy. AlphaTeamRed, BlueChrome... I'll support color names with no space characters, and I'll consider supporting (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact