 CAD / Development / 9336
  Primitive tolerances

Can someone tell me what kind of accuracy tolerances we should be working within when it comes to scalable primitives? (URL) have placed a hold vote on this ring. Most all the numbers are within .0002. Is that acceptable or should the numbers be (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Primitive tolerances

(...) My understanding was that primitives should have 4 decimal places of accuracy. However, whether or not this is the case, I think that any decimal places that are included should be accurate including appropriate rounding. Just my 2 cents. (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Primitive tolerances

(...) Generally parts only need to be authored to 3 decimal places. We decided on 4 DPs for the scalable primitives so that they could be scaled x10 without degrading the quality of the part. One could argue that p/48 primitves should be coded with (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)