 CAD / Development / 9078
Re: Vertices not coplanar?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:40:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson wrote:
What troubles do these warnings cause? I see no problems with the renderings, no
matter what renderer I use.

How do I correct them? By splitting all the quads into two triangles each I
guess? If so, why not make a tool that splits them up?

/Tore

If I remember my 3D theory correctly, these quads can mess up the normals
associated with them.  Also, noncoplaner quads cause small gaps in the part
since they are, in essence, bent rectangles.  Usually these gaps are too small
to see, even under deep zooming, so the noncoplanarity should be really high in
order to cause a problem for the part (read: hold vote on PT).

-Orion