 CAD / Development / 9047 (-10)
  Re: Proposed solution for mirrored parts and studs

(...) I'll look into that. I thought it would be easier to reference the other file, but thinking about it again, I guess I should be able to multiply the mirror matrix by the stud matrix to get the correct final matrix anyway. (Or would that be (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Proposed solution for mirrored parts and studs

(...) As you write below you can open ANY file. If no studs are mirrored, then no action takes place. (...) In stead of referencing studmirr.dat, why not simply use a mirrored reference to stud.dat? (...) No, same code. (...) Right. (...) If all (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Proposed solution for mirrored parts and studs

It's obvious that there is a lot of interest in the problem of mirrored studs, based on the volume of traffic in the ongoing thread. I have a proposed solution to the problem. My proposal is the creation of a small tool that automatically fixes a (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: PARTS.LST searching. (Was: Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun)

(...) Actually, I looked a bit further in the mklist.c code and it will READ up to 200 chars of part description, but then it truncates down to 64 chars before writing the part file. Apparently this is to be compatible with the old MAKELIST.EXE and (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) Ouch--painful use of Dave! Oh, well. I knew my solution wasn't perfect, but it solved the immediate problem (while admittedly creating others). I'll still probably use it in my blasphemous clone.dats, if it's all the same to you folks. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) Yes. But I'm not as willing as you are to see files changed, I guess (...) I think mirrored is more of a concern than misrotated, but that's just me. Would this meta work though? In other words, are there any parts that have studs *with logos* (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: PARTS.LST searching. (Was: Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun)

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Don Heyse wrote: <snip> (...) The PT currently limits you to, I think, 64 characters in the part name. I don't know wht this limit is imposed. I just test LEDIT with a long name and it didn't care. --Orion (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  PARTS.LST searching. (Was: Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun)

(...) Right now it seems to be listed on the parts tracker as "Bar 1.5L with Handle and Female Stud". I just added a PARTS.LST search capability to ldglite: (URL) there's nothing in that name that would help me narrow the search to find the part. (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) A fair point, but how often would that happen, realistically? Enough to be a problem? Even if one or two parts eventually turn up like that, why would the whole system have to be jettisoned for those few exceptions? (...) I'm not sure that (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Thanks to all the parts developers

(...) I want to join to the thanks... As I have done a few (easy) parts, I know how tedious it can be... And thanks to the hawk-eyed part reviewers, who help to keep standards high ! Philo www.philohome.com (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact