 CAD / Development / 9006
Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:33:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky wrote:

In addition, the plugin need the path to LDraw from the LDDP.ini file

Was there some reason that y'all didn't use <windir>\ldraw.ini?  If for
nothing else, it has the ldraw path.

Hey, I'm with you.  ldglite checks the environment variables first,
then looks in the <windir>/ldraw.ini file before using a default.

  env_str = platform_getenv("LDRAWDIR");
  if (env_str != NULL)
    strcpy(pathname, env_str);
  else if (GetPrivateProfileString("LDraw","BaseDirectory","",
                                   pathname,256,"ldraw.ini") == 0)
  {/* Use some default path */ }

I'm all for standardized components.  That's why I think using the
lddp plugins is such a neat idea.  But I don't know all that much
about .ini files.  Is there any reason why all LDRAW programs
can't use the same .ini file?  I suppose you'd have to know where
to look for it on systems other than Windows.  But that's not too
hard to solve.  It could go in the /etc or your home directory on
unix for example.

Don

Well, looking at the LDraw.ini, it apppears that we could swap over to using it.

-Orion