 CAD / Development / 8947 (-5)
  Symmetries other than 16 and 48?

What is the general way of handling parts/primitives that have rotational symmetries other than 16 and 48? I am currently looking at reworking 73071 (the old Technic Differential), which has a rotational symmetry of 28, and 3649 (Technic Gear 40 (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How exactly DO I code optional lines, anyway?

Thanks Don and Paul. I think that pretty much answers my questions for now (but no doubt I will have more later). Now to go fix some of my primitives and parts... --Lance-- (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How exactly DO I code optional lines, anyway?  [DAT]

(...) I'll drop a few quick secrets on how I use conditional lines. First off, I use LDAO and L3lab for the largest amount of part modeling. Usually check occasionally with LDview and Ldraw. So if you are using MLCad, and do not have LDAO, I would (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How exactly DO I code optional lines, anyway?

(...) Yes. They're needed to render transparent parts correctly. (URL) they're useful for the curve smoothing algorithm in LDview and perhaps other programs. (...) It's often easiest to place the 3rd and 4th points on the corner of an adjacent (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  How exactly DO I code optional lines, anyway?

In reading past posts, it seems that putting in optional lines is encouraged, but I have not been able to find any information on the proper way of using them. First, clearly I use them on outside curves, but I was not able to determine definitively (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact