 CAD / Development / 8554
Re: The DOS apps (was Re: Backwards Compatibility)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 00:52:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Ryan Farrington wrote:

Lars Hassing wrote:
Ryan Farrington wrote:
I have run into this problem with Windows XP, not so much with LEdit and
LDraw--I use L3P more often. Thankfully, there is still a Win98 SE computer
in the house!

In Windows XP you can open a command prompt
by selecting All Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt, or
by typing "cmd" in the Run... dialog.
/Lars

I knew this, Lars, but the fact that you even stated it caused me to look
into getting the DOS programs (L3P, LDraw, and LEdit) to work. I now have
had success with getting L3P usage back (woohoo!), but ldraw and ledit give
me runtime error 200.

Make sure you've installed LDRAW027.EXE -- that should resolve the runtime
200 problem.

Steve