 CAD / Development / 8547
Re: Calling all Meta-commands
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 01:15:51 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:

I'm not against a tag for comments, I just haven't seen one I like.  They
are either too long (0 COMMENT) or too techy (0 //).

Maybe something as simple as a hyphen?
  0 - This is a comment
  0 This is the meta-command 'THIS'.

Has a hyphen been used anywhere for a similar purpose? I'm not aware of it.
I'm one of the least-techy of the bunch, though I can hack some code, and I
think it's better to stick to what most know, as long as it's not cumbersome
like {}.

I don't think the average, non-programmer users will 1) hand edit files too
often or 2) have a hard time learning //.

-Tim