 CAD / Development / 8503
Re: DAT Curves Plugin For LDDesignPad Version 2.5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:40:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky writes:
I would like everyone to try out the new preview at let me how it works for
them.  Ultimately I'd like to implement real time manipulation of the
control points via the preview window but I want to make sure the preview
window works for everyone first.

It worked fine for me.  As mentioned in Philippe's reply (with different
wording), it would be a lot easier of the rotation center were the center of
the bounding box of the generated curved object.  I did find the zoom, though.

Is all your rendering code in BezWindow.pas?  If so, it's impressively
compact.  I haven't used Pascal in over 10 years, and didn't use any objects
back when I did, so I wasn't really able to follow the code after a casual
glance.  However, there didn't seem to be very much code devoted to rendering.

I'm in the process of completely rewriting the back end model parsing and
rendering code of LDView, and I had to write a lot of code before I got to
the point of actually being able to draw something.  I will say that my
progress so far makes me optimistic about the performance of OpenGL vertex
arrays.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)