 CAD / Development / 8478
  Re: Backwards Compatibility (Was Calling all Meta-commands)

Orion Pobursky wrote: What are we going to do when DOS support in PC OS's goes away completely? I have run into this problem with Windows XP, not so much with LEdit and LDraw--I use L3P more often. Thankfully, there is still a Win98 SE computer in (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Backwards Compatibility (Was Calling all Meta-commands)

(...) As Steve would say - LDraw and LEdit exist as a benchmark. I would add - for the _original_ LDraw spec - that is, everything LDraw/LEdit can do. 1.0.0 spec, which is essentially what Kevin is working on - documenting all meta-commands up to (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Backwards Compatibility (Was Calling all Meta-commands)

(...) In Windows XP you can open a command prompt by selecting All Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt, or by typing "cmd" in the Run... dialog. /Lars (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  The DOS apps (was Re: Backwards Compatibility)

Lars Hassing wrote: > Ryan Farrington wrote: >>I have run into this problem with Windows XP, not so much with LEdit and >>LDraw--I use L3P more often. Thankfully, there is still a Win98 SE computer >>in the house! > > In Windows XP you can open a (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Backwards Compatibility (Was Calling all Meta-commands)

(...) Right. But newer OS's and video cards are becoming less compatible with DOS programs, especially DOS programs that do graphics. I used to be able to run LDraw with Super-VGA resolutions (with Win95, I think). I haven't been able to that in (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: The DOS apps (was Re: Backwards Compatibility)

(...) Make sure you've installed LDRAW027.EXE -- that should resolve the runtime 200 problem. Steve (22 years ago, 22-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: The DOS apps (was Re: Backwards Compatibility)

Steve Bliss wrote: > Make sure you've installed LDRAW027.EXE -- that should resolve the runtime > 200 problem. > > Steve Ah, now it works! Thanks, Steve! Cheers, --Ryan ryanjf@ifriendly.com (URL) (22 years ago, 24-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)