 CAD / Development / 8257
    Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space? —Don Heyse
   (...) I'm sure you're probably looking for a solution with x,y,z coords, but just in case, the 2D solution is on page 7 of Graphics Gems, and also here: (URL) think you should be able to transform your circles into the x,y plane with one center at (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space? —Kevin Clague
   (...) Don, this is what I do for planar rubber bands and it works great if the two pulleys are in the same plane. But I can imagine a four pulley configuration where the first pulley is parallel to the YZ plane, the second pulley is parallel to the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)