 CAD / Development / 8217
  Seeking input on reused user parts in building instructions

Hi, I've decided to tackle an issue that has been on my mind for a while. LPub's handling of building instructions, where sub-model user-defined parts are used multiple times in the overall design. It all started when I was editing a DSDK model (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Seeking input on reused user parts in building instructions

While it is a great idea to supress the multiple rendering of the same steps, I'm not sure there is really any added value to displaying the "x4" on the last step. I find that I always take a pass through the final rendered instruction images, in my (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Seeking input on reused user parts in building instructions

(...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Seeking input on reused user parts in building instructions

Hi Will, As I was writing the original post, I realized that I had a question for myself, does the X4 go on the image itself, or does it go in the web pages generated by LPub. If I make it go into the web pages, then I think it leaves more (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H8t9F9.BAt@lugnet.com... (...) parts (...) in (...) was (...) Yeah! I have seen this with many of the train models I have created. In one case I used a sub-model 8 times and LPub (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Seeking input on reused user parts in building instructions

(...) I remembered this issue the other day and was surprised no one had asked about it. (...) I like the idea of creating the seperate picture, but would prefer to add it to the screen web pages also. (...) Thanks Mike, Kevin (21 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H8vFL3.9Js@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) it to (...) I don't see any down side to doing that. Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North Carolina (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Seeking input on reused user parts in building instructions

I totally agree with all these comments. This especially rears it's head when doing passenger coaches where I've use the same sub model 36 times in s set of 4 coaches! Which brings up an interesting philosophical question about instruction (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)