 CAD / Development / 8219
Re: Seeking input on reused user parts in building instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 20:11:37 GMT

In lugnet.inst, Will Chapman writes:
While it is a great idea to supress the multiple rendering of the same steps,
I'm not sure there is really any added value to displaying the "x4" on the
last step.

I find that I always take a pass through the final rendered instruction
images, in my image editor, and add my own step "1, 2, 3" numbers on each.
It is no trouble to add the "x4" then.

However, if you do decide to implement it, will the "x4" always be located a
fixed distance from the lower right-hand edge, or will it be user
configurable (NW,NE,SE,SW style)?

---Will

I think the right answer is to communicate to the
reader that the steps need to be repeated.  LEGO does this by placing a
large multiplier indicator (x4 in this case) in the lower right corner of
the last step.  This seems like the solution to me, but I don't think
scaling the part counts in the part list images is the right idea.