 CAD / Development / 8073
  Why should parts not have vertices lying along edges?

For this discussion, I'm using the term "polygon" to refer to quads or triangles. When I say "primitive", I'm talking about more complex primitives such as discs and non-discs. And when I refer to "edges", I'm talking about line segments between a (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Why should parts not have vertices lying along edges?

(...) My opinion is that this isn't a significant enough problem to worry about. Further more, I consider this is a renderer limitation and not a problem with the part itself. Therefore, feel free to ignore this if it suits your purposes. -Orion (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Why should parts not have vertices lying along edges?

(...) I wouldn't ignore it lightly as it can have many adverse effects. You get little holes from from the roundoff errors. You can also see it in lighting problems with more advanced renderers such as ldview and POV. Here's an old example of the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)