 CAD / Development / 8044
    Capitalization of filenames —Tony Hafner
   It seems like a while back, parts were supposed to have the extension ".DAT". But I'm seeing that all the links on ldraw.org seem to point to files with ".dat" at the end. What's the scoop- are lower-case filenames considered ideal now? Which ldraw (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Capitalization of filenames —Jaco van der Molen
     I think the reason for the capital .DAT extension is because LDraw was original DOS. If you install the original package under windows, all directories and files will be capitals as well. Furthermore I do not experience any problems with lower or (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Capitalization of filenames —Jacob Sparre Andersen
     (...) If you want to stay on friendly terms with people using case-sensitive file systems, you stick to lower-case file names. Play well, Jacob (who uses case-sensitive file systems ;-) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Capitalization of filenames —Steve Bliss
   (...) Basically, the LDraw filenames should be considered case-insensitive. The only time I'd want to have uppercase .DAT extensions is to references to STUD*.DAT that should always be drawn, regardless of stud-drawing mode. This is an old (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)