 CAD / Development / 7957 (-10)
  Re: ldraw-mode.el external viewer suggestion

(...) Good idea! Thanks, I have incorporated your code in LDraw-mode now. I added the ability to change the default parameters passed to the viewer, in case anybody wants to do that. I have considered adding this funcion myself, but I never saw the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw-mode.el external viewer suggestion

(...) Actually I prefer to keep the discussions here if possible. That way anything that comes out of it is publicly available. Anyhow, I modeled my suggestion after some code I saw in browseurl.el. I don't have it in front of me right now, but I (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw-mode.el external viewer suggestion

Don, That really sounds like a great idea. Have you sent Frederick an email about it? He's really on the ball on this sort of thing and always very quick to return an answer. I think that ldraw-mode is the best program for working with bendable (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Philo, I like your idea of multiple resolutions. It could save a lot of space. I think I that I don't have a minimal solution to the number of segments used. Some fine tuning might make a big difference in file space consumed. The stuff that is out (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  ldraw-mode.el external viewer suggestion

I was comparing the various hoser programs last night when I realized there's no command to launch an external ldraw viewer program from within the emacs ldraw-mode. Yeah, you can launch one from an icon or another window, but sometimes it's nice to (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.2

(...) Yes that latter is what I intend. My only roadblock is extracting the correct info from the text. I'm also going to hold off until the new arm and hand are officially released. -Orion (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.2

(...) Do you mean convert stiff-legged, armless figs to modern figs, or to convert files with modern figs to use the new arm and hand parts? The latter seems more useful. . . -- TWS Garrison (URL) capital letters in address for direct reply. (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.2

Yet another coding frenzy on a rainy day, trying to stay awake while shifting from a nights to days schedule, produced the next version of my plugin Get it here: (URL) in this version: -Added LDView preview support -Added Footwear rotation ability (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Toruseses?

(...) A new, fully revised and up-to-date Primitives Reference is currently undergoing review. I hope to be able to make this public on ldraw.org soon. This will answer both there questions (and more !). Chris (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Toruseses?

(...) ... and a guide on how to interpret all the numbers in the file names/descriptions? For example: 0 Torus Outside 1 x 0.0625 x 0.25 0 Name: t04o0625.dat I have no idea of what the numbers stand for... /Tore (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact