 CAD / Development / 7897
  What about a tool that unsorts all parts of a mdel

Has anyone made or think on making a tool that un sorts parts of a ldr model? It whould be cool to make a screenshot of a model that is build and then you se the same parts used of the same model all over you don't need to worry if your parents want (...) (22 years ago, 29-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What about a tool that unsorts all parts of a mdel

(...) Do you mean that you want to take all the parts that comprise a .DAT model, and spread them out evenly on the "floor"? So that the output .DAT file would have all the same part lines as the original file, albeit with the placement and (...) (22 years ago, 29-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What about a tool that unsorts all parts of a mdel

(...) If that's what is meant, that would be useful if you need to generate pics at each step with the parts being added during that step. Of course LPub does that for you now so it may not be as big a deal as it once was. If that's not what was (...) (22 years ago, 29-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What about a tool that unsorts all parts of a mdel

(...) Yes so I can have an image of all part like if you where playing on the floor but and you are building a "house" and you see all parts all over the floor but in this case all over the image. (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What about a tool that unsorts all parts of a mdel

Well I'm afraid is not what I want Lpub is nice but is not what i'm talking about i'm talking about something like in the 6000 idea book in the fisrt pages use se all the pieces for building the house all over the ground, I'll show you all a picture (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What about a tool that unsorts all parts of a mdel

(...) That's what MLCAD's Favorites folder is for. Drag a part in the parts list to the favorites folder, create your own pile. -Tim (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What about a tool that unsorts all parts of a mdel

(...) We've talked about this several times before. For example: (URL) as far as I know, nobody has implemented anything yet. It is an interesting topic however, which explains why it comes up every now and again. Perhaps if we pose it as a (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What about a tool that unsorts all parts of a mdel

I've been thinking of a tool that creates an "Exploded View" with empty space between all parts. However a literal interpretation would be quite fun, too. There would be a blast center, and adjustable parameters for part speed, bounce, and amount of (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What about a tool that unsorts all parts of a mdel

(...) Uh oh! Doesn't LEGO Creator have an explosion function? They've probably got a patent application in the works for it, so you might as well just give up on that idea. ;^) (...) That one might not be patented yet. Better hash it out before the (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)