 CAD / Development / 7852 (-10)
  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) Iterative solving requires a model and a way to compute how far it is from a desired state and a way to compute how to take a tiny step toward the desired state. You loop over tiny steps, updating the model, until either X steps are taken, the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague writes: <snip1> (...) <snip2> Someone posted something similar to this a while back, but I can't find it... They were demonstrating rendering (POV-Ray, I think) LEGO flexible tubing by defining it as a computed (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Erik, I think that for tube like devices, the constraints will be vectors that indicate some part of the tube needs to be at this location and at this orientation. The endpoints are like this. This constraint mechanism works well for routing wires (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I need help on Delphi so I can finnish my program

I don't understand this hope there is another easy way. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I need help on Delphi so I can finnish my program

(...) This way may seem clunky but it is the only way I can think up off the yopp of my head: Extract each word to a TStringList class using the ExtractStrings procedure. For example, assuming a string called Sentence: ExtractStrings([' '], [' '], (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  I need help on Delphi so I can finnish my program

How can I change a leter of a current selected line? example 1 0 3 0 5 0 0 1 how can a change the second 0 witch is the 5th numbe from left? and a word? example 2 hello Eduardo how are you. How can I change Eduardo word "name" ? please help me I (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) Philo, The springs are synthesized parts for sure. I don't percieve the shock absorber parts as much different than ends of hoses. The shock absorber pieces placement and orientation define where the springs should be. I just wanted to make (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) Yes, but these parts may be more or less squeezed depending on use, and subparts may be used to make them longer or shorter. Only spring length must be adjusted... Granted, that use much less important than true flexible parts. Philo (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) Thanks Philo, Springs are always part of larger LEGO component, right? Shock absorbers and large pneumatic pumps come to mind. Are there other places they are used? Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub - LEGO Publication made easy!

I worked on the RIS book that Syngress is going to publish and so I had extensive experience working with LPub. This tool really is amazing. Kevin has put a LOT of work into this program (I know, I bugged him with many questions :) ) and it shows. I (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact