 CAD / Development / 7707
  Re: DAT files: Do No Harm

(...) I found some model which was (mostly) all 3001.dat, except only the first line gave the part number! All following lines were meant to be the same part (with different location.) I guess the author's viewer tolerates this? So, the rule would (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT files: Do No Harm

(...) Whoa. That's kinda bizarro. (...) I'd say the rule would be, don't fix invalid lines without the authors permission. ;) (...) I see your point, but I would expect most programs to choke (gracefully ;) on the line without part numbers. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)