 CAD / Development / 7655
7654  |  7656
Subject:
Where does LDraw look for files?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:49:08 GMT

Found in LDraw FAQ:

26. Where does LDraw look for files?
LDraw looks for files in the following folders, in the following order:

The current folder.
The P folder.
The PARTS folder.
The MODELS folder.

That's perfectly clear, but still I have to ask:
What if a file exists in two or more of these folders?
Will it say: "Hey I found in 'The current folder'! Now I don't have to look
anymore."?
Or will it keep scanning and overwrite latest found-path?

I hope it's the first alternative because that sounds most resonable to me.
The worst thing would if it was different depending on which program I use.

This may sound like picky detail stuff, but now as I try to make a set of
basic (sorry) Delphi functions and procedures, it is important to get it
right at once.

TIA,
/Tore