 CAD / Development / 7627 (-10)
  Re: Heraldry Terms

(...) Well, heraldry terms and technical names for objects are always good. I'm looking for any words that people might reasonably use to search for a part. You can check the patterned parts on these pages: (URL) you click the link on each (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Heraldry Terms

(...) Yup, exactly right. If you want to get *stunningly* technical, "real" heraldry omits any punctuation at all(1), but I find it a real pain to read that way. thanks, James 1:technically "Or, A Lion Salient Azure" should be "Or a lion salient (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Heraldry Terms

(...) Gold. :) Almost all of the heraldric terms come from old French. Salient is derived old French for leaping or jumping; Or is old (and current) french for gold. (...) Will do. Is there specific info you're looking for, or should I just shout if (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Heraldry Terms

(...) So this part (URL) be "Or, A lion Salient Azure"? Steve (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Heraldry Terms

(...) Or = gold Dave! (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Heraldry Terms

(...) Maybe this is a stupid question, but does "Or" have a jargon-meaning? Or is it just 'or', used in an unusually-constructed phrase? I'll add this information to the ldraw parts keywords. If y'all have any other castle-y goodness to add to the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Heraldry Terms

(...) Whoops! wasn't paying enough attention. :/ That thar lion is Salient. Both feet on the floor. so "A Lion Salient Or, on a Field Azure" or more traditionally: "Azure, A lion Salient Or" HTH James (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Heraldry Terms

(...) "A Lion Rampant Or, on a Field Azure" thanks, James (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Heraldry Terms

The lion on this shield: (URL) would it be described as Rampant? Dexter? Steve (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New Plugin for LDDesignPad

Hello Orion, to program a plugin like that isn't too easy. I wish i could help but I am an math idiot ;) Maybe someone else can help in this matter? Play well Carsten p.s.: I will put a link on my website as soon as I can spare some time. Work is (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact