 CAD / Development / 7492
Re: Similar patterned parts in different colours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 00:36:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Chris Dee wrote:
Steve and I have discussed this and make the following recommendations
- existing parts of this form will be retained for backward
  compatibility, but be hidden from the parts lists by adding the '~'
  prefix to their descriptions.
- new parts will be created following the conventional authoring
  rules: hard-code the pattern colour and let the "part colour"
  control the base part.
- where possible, subparting techniques will be used to share the
  pattern code between the three or more parts (the hidden file and
  the 2+ coloured versions)

oooh! that's great! now peeron will be able to use these dats, and not
have X parts for them! :)

Dan