 CAD / Development / 742
741  |  743
Subject:
OpenGL/Perl Modeller
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 15:12:53 GMT

Okay, this is my second posting (the first was to lugnet.cad) about PerlLD
which is my little Perl/Tk/OpenGL modeller.  You can use it for creating &
viewing complete models but my intent is to use it to make parts (loading gets
slower as the size of the model grows).

Anyway, I use it under Linux with Mesa to do my GL rendering, but it _should_
work under Windows but I have not tried it.

Features:
  - Rotate & move around model
  - Interactive editor will allow you to see changes & render them
  - Clicking on something in the model will highlight the line in the
    editor window that corresponds to the point selected

Todo:
  - Save the files
  - Automatically apply changes to the editor
  - Allow definition of LDraw objects by clicking on points on the model
  - Allow insertion of objects & allow rotation & movement without
    needing to specify matrices
  - Clean up interface
  - Understand .ini files and LDLite meta commands

I have not bundled up my current release so email me if you are interested.

            -ben