 CAD / Development / 7381
7380  |  7382
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Re: question about subparts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:45:01 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager writes:

now, regarding
part-authoring I still consider myself a newbie, especially when I have to deal with subparts and dithered colours. I'm not sure if
the way I'm planing to do this will be okay. the problem is the following:

. I'd
like to assign the colour directly in the subpart, which would look like this:

Name: s\3004p90a.dat

0 red

3 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
3 4 .....

0 white

3 15 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
3 15 .....

0 gold

3 366 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
3 366 .....

0 main color

3 16 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
3 16 .....

can I mix a dithered colour with solid colours in a subpart, or do I have to split them up although the are already in a subpart?

it would be best to have it so all the dithered colors are in a subfile. on
the file being used with the subfile the part is the dithered color. IE..

0 part (gold detail)
0 goldpart.dat
0
4 16 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3

0 part decoration
0 part.dat
0
1 334 0 0 0 0 ... goldpart.dat
4 16  0 0 0
4 4 0  0 0

add in the subpart a "sub-subpart" in color gold