 CAD / Development / 7379
7378  |  7380
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Subject:
question about subparts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:44:00 GMT

hi folks,

the other day I posted a hires series of bricks with classic space logos, but before I send them to steve I've got some questions
about subparts. in an e-mail bernd broich suggested to use a unique subpart, which also sounds reasonable to me. now, regarding
part-authoring I still consider myself a newbie, especially when I have to deal with subparts and dithered colours. I'm not sure if
the way I'm planing to do this will be okay. the problem is the following:

I've got this brick 1 x 2 with the space logo and the colour gold. I understood that all the triangles and quadrilaterals which are
gold have to go in a subpart, but can I put the whole frontside in a subpart? I could use the complete frontside in other parts like
the Tail 1 x 4 x 3 or the Slope 2 x 3, rotate and move it to the right position and finally add the missing pieces to the part. I'd
like to assign the colour directly in the subpart, which would look like this:

Name: s\3004p90a.dat

0 red

3 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
3 4 .....

0 white

3 15 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
3 15 .....

0 gold

3 366 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
3 366 .....

0 main color

3 16 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
3 16 .....

can I mix a dithered colour with solid colours in a subpart, or do I have to split them up although the are already in a subpart?