 CAD / Development / 7299
Re: disabling BFC (was "Head w/ Headset Over Brown Hair")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 19:18:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Franklin W. Cain writes:
Very nice!  You still need to learn how to BFC. ;)

I almost had a ^$#&^#$&%# _heart attack_ just a few minutes ago,
when I clicked on the "DAT" link on the message, and parts of
the file's image were _BLANK_.  (I thought I had maybe screwed up
something in the file.)

It took me almost ten minutes to discover the cause of the problem:
L3Lab was BFC-ing the disc prims...  >:-(

Ha.  It's almost a reflex for me -- click a [DAT] link, right-click L3Lab,
de-select BFC.

What is the BFC meta-statement to tell rendering programs,
"This file ain't even the _slightest_ bit BFC compliant,
so don't even _think_ about trying it!"  (I don't want
the sudden shock again.)

0 BFC NOCERTIFY

I don't know if we've got any official files that use this one.

It *really* isn't that hard to convert a file to BFC'ness.

Steve