 CAD / Development / 7296
Re: new category??? "MiniBot"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 18:51:22 GMT

Also, the "Minifig" Category, in my opinion, should be just
for minifig-compatible stuff, i.e., _parts_ of a minifig
(in other words, minifig anatomy).

For purposes of the parts library, I tend toward a more
inclusive definition of 'Minifig'.  IMO, anything that is
a 'mini figure' belongs in the Minifig category.  Otherwise,
we could end up with an ugly mess of categories for things
that are related to minifigs, but not exactly standard
minifigs.

Hrrmm...

OK, I see where you're coming from.  However, I very much hope
that any such miniature-figure-but-not-a-true-minifig part
be required to have something as the second word of the title
that indicates that the piece in question is _not_ part of
a _true_ minifig.  ;-)

Maybe 'Minifig Clip-on' or 'Minifig Clip-together' would
be better as a base term.

Ooh, I like that.

OK, then how about these titles?  :-)

30362.DAT   Minifig Astromech Leg
30377.DAT   Minifig Clip-On Arm
xxxxx.DAT   Minifig Clip-On Head Martian
30378.DAT   Minifig Clip-On Head SW Battle Droid
xxxxx.DAT   Minifig Clip-On Legs Martian
30376.DAT   Minifig Clip-On Legs SW Battle Droid
30375.DAT   Minifig Clip-On Torso
xxxxx.DAT   Minifig Clip-On Torso-&-Head SW Super Battle Droid

[1] (I don't know the part number for the LOM head.)
[2] (I don't know the part number for the LOM legs.)
[3] (I don't know the part number for the body-and-head
    of the Super Battle Droid...

Thanks,
Franklin