 CAD / Development / 7247
  Re: The use of type 5 lines for smoothing of objects.

(...) (with (...) the (...) helmet, (...) entirely (...) I was able to reproduce the exact glitches you saw. They are due to round off errors in the coordinates. Your map sees a difference e.g. between point (1.9999,0.0000,0.0000) and point (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: The use of type 5 lines for smoothing of objects.

(...) I think I listed most of them, but here are the ones I can think of: Calculated per part, not per dat file. Only calculated when an edge is an exact match with a type 5 line; this requires some extra work to accomplish. Completely ignore the (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: The use of type 5 lines for smoothing of objects.

(...) If you ignore the type 5 control points, what points do you use to generate the cross products? I would think to generate "fair" lengthy vectors you'd have to use the center of gravity point for the adjacent quads or triangles. Otherwise you (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: The use of type 5 lines for smoothing of objects.

(...) I only use the actual (un-normalized) normals of the faces adjacent to the type 5 line. It's a little more complicated, because when a single point has multiple type 5 lines radiating out from it, the surface normal I compute at that point (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)