 CAD / Development / 7164
Re: ldvdmodeler report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 23:46:42 GMT

Thanks for the report, I am currently also testing myself and found and
fixed five errors allready, namely:

1. Exporting defaulted the working directory to the E:\ drive, which is
my Data Partition but for many people non existent or e.g. a cdrom station.
2. Access violation when playing animation after adding morph wizzard
generatated model referencing angleaniaction(s).
3. Part point editing with 'Link camera lookat and pos' enabled and the
controlfrom closed at start changed the current partpoint coordinates to
the current camera lookat coordinates.
4. Save kept asking for filename for new project even after a name was
supplied, Only loading of the project made it goaway.
5. Part point editing with 'Link camera lookat and pos' enabled and the
controlfrom closed at start changed the current partpoint coordinates to
the current camera lookat coordinates.

About your findings:

The crash of the second instance of the application is caused by
directX, I am looking in to this (directx doesnot like multiple 'clients').

I don't think the saving is a bug, the save's change detection is very
sensitive, even movement of a window or control makes it repport a change.

You mean, maximizing the application does not fill the whole screen,
this is weird. What resolution are you using? (This might be a Delphi 5
VCL problem. I do own Delphi 6 Professional but that one is licensed to
my work and I want to keep work and hobby seppareted.)

Do you mean part display is incomplete (missing parts) or outside the
view? Because it will not auto center in beta 1, I planned this feature
for beta 2 or 3. You can set the lookat of the camera or the position of
the model to correct that.

I am currently concentrading on the preview window, currently I am
rewriting the whole thing to be a bit smarter. (Way less primitive
groups), but this will only improve hw performance for now :( I am also
thinking about supporting both DirectX and OpenGL to find the fastest
solution.

MPD support: Bit amberising this, but I only discoverd the existance of
multipart files a couple of weeks ago. It will be supported soon, have
to play with it myself in mlcad.

And finaly the single pov-ray file, do you realy mean one single file or
one single launch of the program. I am looking into the latest, but I am
no pov-ray expert (that's the reason I started the program) If you know
how to put everything in one single file please direct me to examples.

PS: it's LD4DModeler :)

Chris Daniel wrote:

Roland,

      Thanks again for contributing this program.  Everything that you said
works, works.  My favorite feature is the real time control of the 3dwindow.
I think Editing  parts points was easy but I still havent quite masterd
joint editing  yet.

I noticed these problems on my machine but I'm not sure if their bugs or not.

Only one instace of ldvd can be running.

The program asks me if I want to save curent project even if I just saved.

ldvd window when expanded doesnt fill my whole screen.

Sometimes 3dwindow doesnt display the entire part.

As you mentioned animation preview is slow when not on outline mode

Featur request:

Automated joint control so the user doesent have to manualy adjust joints

single file export to pov-ray.

Import export of other 3dformats and or animation.

mpd file import where each submodile is automaticaly added to project parts

HTH
Chris