 CAD / Development / 7073
Re: Rotation/scaling matrices... reference?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 20:20:45 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tony Hafner writes:
Okay, I think I've pretty much reached the limit of what I can do with my
"experimental" approach to dealing with matrices.  I did learn today that
yes, you can use it to skew, at least with 2D objects... that's darn handy
for printing on slopes.  Now I'm thinking there is probably a lot more you
can do, but I just don't know how.

Well, in the order from easy to difficult:

Near the bottom of this page:
http://www.ldraw.org/reference/tutorials/parts/

I've written something about manipuating 3D-Ldraw objects with matrices,
it's the section starting with the line "Manfred Moolhuysen writes:".
I've kept my explanation as "no-math" as possible. Therefore it will
probably not cover all you would like to know about matrices, but it's a start.

Also, If you do a search on Lugnet with the keyword "matrices"  you will
fond some treads that go deeper into the subject, for instance:
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/mlcad/?n=1131

If your looking for hard boiled mathematics an formulas on the subject,
please look here:
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/EulerAngles.html

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.