 CAD / Development / 6970
Re: elimination of theme categories - is it time?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 03:33:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Franklin W. Cain writes:
A while ago, I posted a couple of messages:

- "elimination of theme categories - Castle"
("http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=5849&t=f&v=a")

- "elimination of theme categories - Space (pt. 1)"
("http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=5851&t=f&v=a")

Nod, not really a new idea, but a good one.

The end result was, we wanted to wait
until the new parts tracker was implemented.

Well, the new parts tracker *has* been implemented,
and we've gotten our first new release from it
(HUZZAH! Thanks, again, Steve! :-)

Uhh, Franklin, we've had *four* releases with the Parts Tracker. :)

so now I'm wondering if this is a good time
to resurrect this idea.

I've been working on this on and off.  The Town parts are mostly already
moved.  We've just got to resolve issues with the walkie-talkie part.

Castle will be easy to resolve, except for the turret top
<http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=6066>.  I'm not sure where
that one belongs.

Space will be a little more challenging.  I'll have to dig my notes out on
those parts.

One snag we've run into is that when revised files are posted to the Parts
Tracker, people tend to want to fix all problems with the files before
certifying them for release. :)

Steve