 CAD / Development / 6872 (-5)
  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) Actually this brings up a different issue. I haven't put alot of thought into it yet, but I think it would be useful to add information in the part files that would allow a program to differentiate between geometry that represents 'outside' (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

How about an LDraw DAT model reducer - something that hacks out the insides and leaves nothing but a hollow shell? This way you could port it to platforms that can't handle so many polygons, and also render in realtime. It would kind of be like (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) Aren't all of these classes Abstract? I mean this is only a template for implementing a Class Library right? Are you planning on actually filling in the code also? or just defining the interfaces? (...) So far you've got a few more levels in (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) > (Maybe not too much, let's keep it lean and mean.) At the least, I > think we should make the object model workable in C++, Java, Perl and > Python. (...) This is interesting. I wonder what we can do as far as making it both comprehensive (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) Here's my first contribution, a rough outline of a class structure. *** LDRAW LINE TYPE CLASSES *** abstract class LineType - ancestor class for all line-type objects + class LineType0 - comment line-type + class LineTypeCommand - command (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact