 CAD / Development / 6757 (-5)
  Re: JAVA - Viewer for dat-Files

Travis Cobbs wrote: > (Follups sent to lugnet.cad.dev.) > > In lugnet.cad, Kyle McDonald writes: > >>I'm curious if any of you OpenGL/LDraw guys do much in your code >>to generate strips from the DAT files to improve performance? I think >>I have (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: JAVA - Viewer for dat-Files

(Follups sent to lugnet.cad.dev.) (...) Well you have to careful when you do this. The problem with strips and fans is that they can only be used for smooth surfaces. You only get one surface normal for each point, so any faces connected to that (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New Parts in 2001

Got a mockup already done - just wondered if anyone had done the whole thing yet. Might give it a try as far as the 'teeth' goes, but not sure am up to doing the 'open top' part of it yet. I'm still mostly a "modified what's already been done" kinda (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  L3p suggestion

In a program called Leveller ((URL) it allows you to scatter a number of POV objects along a heightfield. I would like to do this with trees and stufff like that. I was wondering, can I do this with trees now? I was thinking that L3p outputs (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New Parts in 2001

(...) I don't think so. Are you going to do it, or do you just want the part? I've got a mockup I can pass along -- just the boxes and bars, not the triangular parts or the crossaxle teeth. Steve (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact