 CAD / Development / 6738
  RGB Coding in LDraw?

Is there a way to hard-code a color value in a .dat file using RGB values, so that the part will render in POV-Ray using those values? If so, what's the format? In addition, is it possible to code color qualities, like reflectiveness, into a .dat (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: RGB Coding in LDraw?

Dave Schuler wrote... (...) 0x02RRGGBB for solid colors and 0x03RRGGBB for transparent. (URL) by at least MLCad, LDView, L3P and L3Lab. (...) No, only transparency. /Lars (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: RGB Coding in LDraw?

(...) But maybe it was an idea to add it? Jacob (23 years ago, 20-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: RGB Coding in LDraw?

(...) Well, since I'm not code-savvy, I don't feel comfortable making demands on those who are. I'm hoping to find a way to render the dull-metal stainless steel luster of various wheel hubs and the like, without having to hand edit the POV file (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: RGB Coding in LDraw?

Dave Schuler wrote... (...) We have previously discussed a "0 TEXTURE xxx" meta command, where xxx could be RUBBER, CHROME, SLOPE, etc. I have been wondering about another approach where color properties are encoded in the color value. E.g. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)