 CAD / Development / 6013
Re: part 30183 and 30283
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 20:57:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Ray Sanders wrote:

I was just looking at part 30283 (a real one). Apparently there is a dat file,
but it has not yet propagated to partsref.

This message <http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=1620> gives a name for
30283 of 'Slope Brick 45  6 x  4 Double Inverted'

partsref lists the name for <part:30183> as 'Slope Brick 45 6 x 4 Double
Inverted'

These parts are different (from looking at the partsref picture for 30183 and at
the 30283 that I have. Should the names be different ?  The primary difference
seems to be that the center 4 x 4 area of 30283 is similar to a plate (only one
plate thinckness), whereas 30183 has a raised area in the center.

Should the names be different?  Yes and no.  Both names are accurate, and I
haven't thought of a *short* tag which would differentiate the names (I'm
open to suggestions).  Looking at these parts, I'd think 30283 should have
the special notation, as it is less like a 'regular' slope brick than
30183.  But all the other "airplane fuselage bottom" pieces use the "double
inverted" notation.

Steve

Since it looks like a minature ships hull (mid-section), how about ...

30283 - 'Slope Brick 45 6 x  4 Double Inverted (Hull)'

Ray