 CAD / Development / 5947
Re: Where does a parts author go next?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:35:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Ryan Farrington writes:
First, I'd like to thank everyone for their helpful replies to my post.

Chris Dee wrote:
[snip]
However, if you are concerned about wasting time, before authoring a new • part
please take a look at the (temporary) Parts Tracker
(http://home.swipnet.se/~w-20413/ttracker/ttracker.htm). Here you will see • that
I completed this part and posted to LUGNET at
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=1832, back in November. If yours • is a
significant improvement then it may still be worth sharing it.

Ah, yes.  I hadn't thought to check out the parts tracker.  I looked at it
just now, and due to the large number of parts on it, I think I will wait
until after the next parts update to find a part to make.  :)

Unless you feel able to tackle a part that is "wanted", but not marked as "in
progress". The Parts TRacker is not just a record of what has been done it
should also identify target parts for authoring.

And, Chris, your Tile is better than mine, so I won't even bother to post
mine.  However, I had one comment about it.  Perhaps the "mountains" and the
"atom-like thing" in the top left and right displays respectively should be
white instead of Main-color.

I believe from examination of the part, these areas are truly unpainted,
allowing the part to show through. In the extremely small chance that this part
is released in a different colour, these areas would need to show the part
colour.

Apologies if your lack of awareness of the parts tracker has meant a lot • of
wasted time.

Regards, Chris

It was only about two hours. No harm done!

Thanks!
--Ryan

Regards, Chris